Syngenia, ambitious start-up from the ENGIE group, is a service provider in engineering and technical consulting that supports major companies in the creation and development of their products and services.
Syngenia continuously invests in talented technical profiles willing to take their career to the next level within the most fitting environments.
Because the right person at the right place makes all the difference!
In order to meet our client needs and business growth, Syngenia is presently looking for a(n):
For one of our internal client within the Engie Group, who is active in the R&D and laboratory sector we are looking for an Expert Non-Destructive Testing.
The main objective of the Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Department is to check the critical components of nuclear power plants and conventional thermal power stations among others with a view to detecting and monitoring damage phenomena at a very early stage.
The Team is in charge of:
- Monitoring the quality control of NDT inspections mainly for larger (nuclear) power plants
- Researching, at the customer's request, new developments in techniques and the testing of certain applications using both conventional NDT methods and alternative techniques such as hyperspectral imaging, thermography, radar and so on
- Developing our own inspection techniques for very specific niche applications
As an Expert:
- You will participate in all the above tasks to a greater or lesser extent for both projects relating to nuclear power plants in Belgium, and national and international assignments for conventional power plants or renewable energy parks.
- You will coordinate (both technically and organisationally) This involves
- drawing up a schedule,
- managing budgets and monitoring the technical quality of inspections.
- manage and carry out inspections independently.
- You will also deal with customers: developing a task's scope, preparing an offer, and maintaining close contact while the service is being performed and afterwards.
- You will help to design and develop solutions to our customers' problems and will keep abreast of new developments in the field. You will carry out projects assigned to the team, whether theoretical (studies) or practical (laboratory or on site).
- You are an engineer with at least 3 years' relevant experience in non-destructive testing
- Level 2 certifications EN-ISO 9712 is a must have
- You have excellent analytical skills, are pragmatic and have a good understanding of real situations
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and English
- You are flexible and willing to travel to perform work on site (frequent trips in Belgium and a few trips abroad)
- You are articulate and assertive: you communicate easily and openly with all levels of the managerial hierarchy and also with third parties and the authorities.
- You can manage your tasks independently and are punctual and able to cope with stress.
Working at Syngenia or for its partners means working at your talent and your expertise.
We offer you the opportunity to work on challenging projects worldwide and to advise your clients based on your knowledge.
Together with your colleagues you get the chance to invest in your career.
Furthermore you can count on an extended salary package according to your knowledge and experience.
Empower your worldwide Engineering network today and become a Syngenia-consultant!